Relocation and moving is a stressful and complicated process. We often have Kansas City area home owners calling us or submitting their house info on this website every month saying “I’m moving and need to sell my house in Kansas City“. We are able to help the homeowners in one way or another to make the moving and relocation process a little more easy than normal.
Moving is a major life change and when you add on the need to sell a house at the same time, most people are overwhelmed. The list of tasks can be intimidating and when a home sale is involved, the close date is usually driving the remaining dates and tasks. Closing dates in a typical home sale process are usually fluid and will often change once they are set and agreed too. This is one reason why many Kansas City homeowners reach out to a professional house buying company like Sell Fast KC to simply and improve the process.
So how do you make the most out of a challenging situation?
Don’t Agonize – Get Organized.
The worst case scenario is one where you end up sitting on a house that doesn’t sell for several years. The cost associated with holding onto a house while trying to sell it are too much for most people and their budgets. Insurance, property taxes, mortgage interest, maintenance and upkeep can cost a small fortune for a empty house.
Although most houses are selling quickly in Kansas City right now, we still see seasonal slow downs and certain houses in certain neighborhoods sitting on the market for long periods of time. If you price your house too high when it goes on the market and it doesn’t sell quickly, then buyers will think something is wrong with the house when you lower the price. Having the right pricing and sales strategy is incredibly important.
So how do you develop the right plan when you need to sell your Kansas City house fast?
Relocating And Need To Sell Your House Fast In Kansas City… Your Next Steps
- Determine how much your house is worth: This is a simple process. Contact a reputable real estate professional like a realtor or cash home buyer and get a no obligation CMA (comparative market analysis). Don’t forget to subtract out repairs, realtor commissions and closing costs. This will help you determine a ballpark estimate of what someone will pay and how much you will end up taking home.
- Decide the timeline in which you will need to sell and close: This is very important in determining what will be your best option for selling. If you have an open timeline and can wait for at least two months then a traditional listing on the MLS will be a good option for you. If you cannot wait two months then you will probably need to sell direct to a professional home buyer.
- Find a solid real estate professional BEFORE you finalize your plans: This goes for both working with a realtor or a cash home buyer. You don’t want to and cannot afford to waste time with someone who cannot get your deal done. I recommend you work with someone that you trust and someone that has several years experience dealing with similar properties and situations. If you would like to get more info, Sell Fast KC is both licensed realtor and professional and experienced cash house buyers. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Should you sell the house fast or should you wait it out and try to get top dollar. Everyone would like to get the highest sales price possible. But, Something that most people don’t consider is what are you actually going to net. One item that reduces your net proceeds that most people don’t think about is holding costs. The costs involved include the mortgage (which if you’re still within the first 10 years of the mortgage, the majority of your payment interest and not hardly going to principal at all), insurance, taxes, maintenance, utilities, etc. Lets say you want to sell your house for $100,000… and your mortgage payment is $800/mo, taxes $150/mo, $50/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, etc.). Those expenses add up to $1,100/mo in “non equity building” expenses. If it takes you 6 months to sell that house through a real estate agent for that $100,000… it cost you $6,600 in DIRECT “holding costs” + you had to pay $6,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyers agent and 3% for the sellers agent). Totaling $12,600 in LOST money. If you could have sold the house quick for $90k, it would be a slam dunk easy decision. Most of the time going direct and moving quickly is going to save you a lot of time and sometimes you will even save money.
- Decide and Move Quickly: Once you make a decision… take action. If you want to go thru a real estate agent, good! Find a reputable & local Kansas City agent. Bryan Frost with Sell Fast KC is a licensed local realtor in both Kansas and Missouri and could help you list your property. If you’d rather not have to wait and not have to pay real estate agent commissions… then a Sell Fast KC can help you with that as well.
If you are able to wait it out and your house is in good shape then going thru a Realtor is going to be your best bet and will net you the most money. You will still have a lot of unknowns and have to deal with showings, inspections, appraisals, etc. but this will still be your best route to go.
Most houses are considered average and will sell around the average amount in the neighborhood. Just because your neighbor sold their house for $100,000 doesn’t mean that yours will sell for the same amount. You have to consider the condition and features of the house.
Who Is Sell Fast KC And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Kansas City?
We’re investors who buy houses for cash and either fix them up and sell them or fix them up and rent them. We are a small Family Owned, Local Kansas City area House Buying Company who prides ourselves in doing whats right for our clients and the communities we work in.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Have to sell fast (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent or have listed thru an agent and given up.
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees and closing costs.
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
- … or a variety of other reasons
We’re honest and straightforward and will tell you what we recommend to accomplish your goals.
We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Kansas City area real estate, so please feel free to call us at 913-210-0330 and chat with us anytime.